<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 26, 2004

In my previous and inaugural blog I pondered the amount of detail I would be going into in these postings and whether I would be remaining anonymous.

I discussed a hypothetical investing blog with a friend and we decided it was vital such a blog detailed the amounts being invested. This will hopefully give the blog a vital edge, introducing those dichotomous emotions, so prevalent and relevant throughout investing: fear and greed. This information will supply a human element to the blog, the tone and mood that is missing in most media investment writing. The downside is that I will not be identifying myself, which will choke at source any possibilities of sharing my writings with friends and colleagues for practical criticism purposes.

In addition to the values of my current holdings I promised to discuss a share that I am close to purchasing. First things first.

My portfolio at present looks like this, with current realisable market value in parentheses.

BBC: Ben Bailey 1281 shares on 20/02/03 at 178p (£5,546.73)
CHU: Chaucer Holdings 8092 shares on 06/10/03 at 42.88p (£3,560.48)
DNX: Dana Petroleum 1551 shares on 20/11/03 at 223.75p (£4,110.15)
Cash holdings (£6250.89)

That is a total portfolio valuation just shy of £20,000.

The cash component of my portfolio is rather large and would ideally be put to better use invested. I am close to doing just this with Tate and Lyle (EPIC:TATE) a food producer listed on the London Stock Exchange. Tate and Lyle is a £1.5b capitalised enterprise, the website claiming Tate is "World Leader in Carbohydrate Ingredients"

http://www.tateandlyle.com

Tate's most famous brand is the eponymous sugar, readily available in surely any emporium in the UK. Shares in Tate and Lyle can currently be purchased for 306p. The price at which I will be buying is 297p. I will be describing how I arrived at this figure and just how much I could be investing in my next blog.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?