<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 23, 2004

Welcome to TheArtfulDodger's blog.

This blog is intended to be an online store for all my investment activities, attitude and beliefs. I'll be detailing deliberations, trumpeting triumphs and confessing calamities. Enough alliteration proliferation. Three of the reasons I am doing this

a) My English skills have come well off the boil, like, since leaving school. I've never been professionally required to write or speak well and any skills I might have had are by now somewhat rusty. It's taken thousands of years to develop the languages the world has today, it'd be ungrateful not to capitalise on that.

b) This blog gives me an opportunity to organise my thoughts and justify any stance I might be taking with my funds. Artful investing must be well-founded, if I can't justify my investing, I shouldn't be investing.

c) An opportunity to learn from my readers. I've known writers comment on how they get a lot of their best ideas from their readers, if I'm going to be discussing investments and strategy, it'd be a lot less expensive if any flaws in my plans and approach are flagged here than in my bank statement.

All that said, I'm not yet decided what exact form the blog should take. For instance, I'm not sure if I should write this anonymously, or tell my friends. I'm not sure if I should detail the amount I am actually investing, or remain coy. It is something of a conundrum as I'd appreciate feedback from friends on the quality of my writing but I don't want them theorizing amongst themselves as to how much capital I may have. I welcome your feedback on this issue.

My next dispatch will detail my current portfolio and discuss a stock I am very close to buying (or rather, it is very close to being bought). More after the weekend.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?