<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Portfolio review: +19% year to date 

+19% year to date. Sound familiar? Despite the comings and goings in my portfolio (Ben Bailey out, Fayrewood, SVB + more cash in) the portfolio made no headway whatsoever in April.

My remaining Ben Bailey shareholding lost almost 10% and Dana and Mayborn slipped back. Chaucer made up some ground, emerging from the doldrums of March.

Fayrewood and SVB ended the month more 2% down on my purchase price. The two remain seriously inexpensive, funds and prices permitting, I'd be buying more soon.

So keep watching, I expect May to be a very profitable month. Uncertainty over the general election will evaporate as the electorate goes to the polls on Thursday. Mayborn will be reporting on trading the same day at their AGM and I've a portfolio with some very cheap shares still in there with plenty of headroom to grow into. Over the next month the dividends will start to roll in. This cashflow should add at least another percentage point to my return thus far in 2005.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?