<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005

SVB makes up for losses elsewhere 

As I've said previously, SVB entered July with the potential to appreciate substantially. They've responded well, rallying another 7% today to reach 30p to sell versus my April buy price of 24.12p. My portfolio badly needed the rise from its smallest constituent. Recent falls iin the value of Fayrewood, Ben Bailey and Chaucer have put a severe dent in returns for the year so far. Barring extraordinary trading tomorrow, it appears as though July will be a losing month for my portfolio.

I harbour high hopes for August however. Ben Bailey, which is extremely cheap at 437p, will announce interim results on August 2nd. Fayrewood announces interims on August 24th. On the other hand, the hurricane season in the Atlantic will begin to take shape. The magnitude of this year's storms will sway market perceptions on the profitability of insurers such as Chaucer and SVB.

Newswise, July has been a quiet month. August outcome will play a huge part in the returns I will make in 2005.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?