<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 20, 2006

Fayrewood continues to disappoint 

Fayrewood announced full-year results on Wednesday. The shares today trade at around 105p to sell with earnings for the year coming in at just over 16p per share. That's very cheap indeed. The problem is, Fayrewood is operating in an unpopular industry sector that is currently struggling.

Not so Chaucer Holdings, my smallcap insurer which reported earnings on Friday. Insurers are back in fashion following hurricane Katrina as fears of a cyclical decline have been avoided - insurance premiums are expected to remain high.

Finally, SOCO International, my newest share purchase, is going great guns, with the shares today closing at 1040p to sell versus my purchase price of 869.5p only two weeks ago.

I recently enjoyed an epiphany in bed. Perusing the most recent Investor's Chronicle I was occasioned by the fundamental value in several US-traded Taiwanese stocks - it's times like last night that remind me just why I subscribe to the IC. I hope to write more about these unique opportunities shortly but money is tight so it's all kind of academic. Things are looking up however, and more cash will be arriving in my fighting fund soon. I shall need it as well, Invox is now massively underwater on my purchase price and the chance to buy at these prices may be too good to miss.

SOCO and Chaucer look to have saved my March.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?