<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 13, 2006

Stocking up with SOCO 

Impressive full-year results on Thursday from oil explorer SOCO inspired me to buy the shares on Friday at a price of 869.5p. Remarkably, the shares have not looked back since my purchase and today closed at 932p to sell. I staked approximately 20% of my portfolio on SOCO and the return I've enjoyed on this share alone since Friday is already making a contribution to portfolio returns.

And a good job too! Invox continues its precipitous decline to 68p to sell versus my original buy price of 93p. Elsewhere, Fayrewood gives full-year results on Wednesday and Countrywide, the share I attempted to short with disasterous results in 2005, reports full-year numbers tomorrow at 7 a.m. after assuring the market at the end of last year that market expectations will be met. I'd like to see how they are going to achieve that.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?