<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Storming SOCO + Fayrewood tomorrow 

Today, shares in my latest purchase, SOCO International, rose almost 6% to 995p to sell versus my purchase price of 869.5p on Friday. This is like something out of a stock market investment holiday brochure. How big does my pool of assets look if I replicate these sorts of gains across my portfolio? How long will it take me to get to a sun-kissed beach if SOCO's rise continues at this pace for the rest of the week?

SOCO is fast-approaching the same size in my portfolio as Fayrewood. The difference is, Fayrewood is the lowest valued of the two and thus more likely to see a substantial rise from today's price. Who knows, despite my experience holding Fayrewood's shares being duller than a chimneysweep's cheeks, a solid result tomorrow, with a positive rise in dividend payments and a strong trading report could see the shares rise sharply as the rest of the market finally comes around to my way of thinking on this grossly unloved share.

7 a.m. tomorrow for Fayrewood and the same again on Friday for Chaucer.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?