<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's resolution: must post more 

Well, I don't know how much money I lost in 2008 but I am sure it was a lot. I think a large part of my shortcomings may have been due to a lack of argumentative thought on my behalf and the failure to accurately determine the seriousness of the banking crisis.

Another failure perhaps came from a lack of diversification - reinvesting more in shares I already owned instead of backing other interesting companies.

I didn't use shorting at all, even on stocks I was convinced were significantly overvalued and ready for a fall. So, I suppose my New Year's resolution should be to look out for more companies that are worth investing in and ensure I diversify my holdings better.

The Artful Dodger

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?